06 September 2010

Stopping To Take A Breath

Happy Labor Day!!! Today seems like the first day I have had even just a moment to write anything since my last posts. So, what's been going on?

School has started. Tomorrow will be the start of the 3rd week. I have 20 curious, awesome, loving, playful Pre-Kindergarten students. Everyday they make me happy to wake up and influence their first learning moments. There have been moments in the day when I wanted to pull my hair out, but then comes over to me and says, "I like you." and I realize it is so worth it. Coming from a family of educators I have always had a love and admiration for teachers, but now being in their shoes my respect has grown enormously. I am fortunate enough to work with a pretty great group of educators. My mentor is AMAZING! She's been teaching for 10 years and was the Pre-K teacher last year, but decided to loop with her students to teach Kindergarten. She's a 5'2 ball of fire that is hilarious. I am truly looking forward to learning a lot from her....and my kids.

The boyfriend and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary on the 28th. It was nice. I was feeling a little down about it at first because last year we went to San Juan, Puerto Rico to celebrate. This year we weren't able to do anything as lavish, but we enjoyed a great dinner and went to see Takers (mmmmmm Idris Elba). It was really nice just to hang out and relax for a little while. We haven't been able to do much of that this summer.
I am sooooooooooooo looking forward to this influx in income! Not just because I will be making seriously twice as much I was making this time last year, but because now I am in position to really start to pay off my school loans, medical bills, and other debt I have acquired. Being debt free is VERY important to me. I want to be able to do what I want and desire with my hard earned paychecks without this cloud of bill collectors hovering over me. Beside this little beauty is calling my name...
Until next time,
-Ace of Rambles

No comments:

Post a Comment