19 June 2010

As This Door Closes....

...I think about how much has happen in these last 9 months. I began working at my school the Tuesday after Labor Day and this coming Wednesday will be my last day. I have learned so much about the education system, as well as my goals in life. It was working in my current position that made me sure I wanted to spend at least 5 years in the classroom before becoming a School Counselor/Dean of Students. I know now how much I want to impact youth in urban high needs schools. I know now more than ever before that I want to save the world, and that it starts with helping to close the achievement gap. I love so many of the people I have met in these last 9 months and most definitely appreciate the relationships that have been built. Though I am preparing to move on to a new chapter of my life (that has me super nervous, excited, and anxious) I know that I have a great support system of colleagues and friends at my school.

-Ace of Rambles

No comments:

Post a Comment