21 February 2010

Learning How To Study

You would think that after years of school I'd know how to study by now, but the truth is that I really don't. I have been that person that can take notes on a lecture, look over them, and do well on an exam. Or I read a chapter and then take the test. I'm afraid that these methods aren't going to cut it this time around.

As a DC Teaching Fellow I have to pass the Praxis I and II (Elementary Education Content Knowledge) exams by June 1st. I'm taking both exams in April and I'm a little anxious about it. Right now I have a Praxis II study guide and I plan to purchase the Praxis I guide later this week. I've been taking a lot of practice exams so that I can narrow down my weak points and then focus my studying on them. I've also cut down on surfing the internet during idle time while I'm on the train or at work. I guess it really scares me that these exams really determine the path of my future. Welp, I just wanted to give an update.




-Ace of Rambles

4 comments:

  1. I swear I feel the same way right now....a friend asked me to study with her today and I was like how do you study? I mean how can I study with someone, when my method of studying is just reading the material? Jeeezzz your blogs be hitting so close to home so many times...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're reading...and can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there!
    Found your blog off a search for "sample lesson DCTF" and love what you've wrote. I'm interviewing on March 20 for the 2010 cohort and really hope to be joining you as a fellow! Congrats on your acceptance and great work on the blog!

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete