12 January 2010

Being The BEST Me!

I recently came to the conclusion that I am not being the best version of myself possible, and it is beginning to effect my relationships. Therefore, I have decided to stop and take a conscious look at myself and make some changes regarding my attitude and the way I communicate my feelings. I also want to start taking more time in my day for devotionals. I can remember being in undergrad and going to Bible Studies, Prayer Meetings, and Choir Rehearsals and feeling so happy, rejuvenated, and positive. I miss that feeling...and it is showing.

I want to better version of myself not just for me, but so I can be the best daughter, sister, girlfriend, frat brother, friend...well you get the point. I really believe that wanting to change is the first step in working on myself, and I know it's not all going to come together in one day, which is find because patience is something I need to work on too. :-)

-Ace of Rambles

PS I am still excited about being able to blog from my phone though I did not send this from my phone...

UPDATE--Pandora played Marvin Sapps' Not The Time, Not the Place and it really spoke to me. Here are the lyrics to the first verse:
This is not the time for giving up
This is not your place where you should be
Not the time or the place to lie in defeat
You got to hold on you got be strong
This is not not the time to question your faith
This is not your place of destiny
It’s not the time or the place to throw in the towel
You gotta hold on you you gotta be strong
Sometimes you win Sometimes you lose
It’s apart of life that everyone goes through
Sometimes there’s joy sometimes there’s pain
That’s apart of God’s plan it is His own plan

Chorus:(2xs)
This is not the time(not the time not the place)
Just believe in the faith
Gotta learn how to wait

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that you're embarking on this journey! It is definitely a rewarding and fulfilling one, I find something new about myself every day that makes me fall more in love with me. I'm reading the Bible in the year and I'm loving that journey, you're free to join if you want.

    ReplyDelete